Sunday 7 October 2012

Difficult First Post


Nearing the end of my first week at the University of Bedfordshire and already knee deep in my first assignment (well, almost.)


The end goal? A feature writer at Heat magazine.

How I'm going to get there? Filling the next 3 years with more hard work, sleepless nights, reading, writing, and researching than I have done before. And doing all of this whilst trying to understand how the media is changing.

The word 'journalist' is defined completely different to how it was 20, 15 even 10 years ago. The responsibilities of journalism are expanding and with that the skills and knowledge of journalists must do the same.

I believe that by creating and maintaining a regular academic blog I will be consistently expanding my understanding of the growth of the 'digital age' and the issues that arise from this. I will learn to analyse and evaluate key ideas surrounding the new media and I will be continually working in a digital way that will give me experience and knowledge that I can take forward into my journalistic career.

I aim to learn about the variations of the media, not only where they are today but also how they got there. I will be blogging my entire journey and I hope you will stick by me so that together we can embark on this roller-coaster of 'New Media'.

No comments:

Post a Comment