Monday 29 April 2013

Error 131:4 Something Missing


Whilst reflecting on my first year as a digital cultures student, not only did I look back on what I learnt and gained I also looked at what I felt I missed.


At the beginning of this course I was jumping straight into the deep end without arm bands, I had no expectations of what the course would bring me or what I could bring to the course.

All these months later, and with my new found digital brain I am looking back and thinking about what I would’ve liked to see before I sunk to the bottom of the first year.

I surprised myself during this course in a few ways, the first being at how into the course I got and how involved I became in what I was learning not only in class but also in my personal time. I found myself reading news articles and having conversations and relaying them to things I had learnt in class and anticipating blogging about them.

If there was anything missing from my first year I feel that during the first few weeks I would have benefited from a few more one-on-one sessions where I would be able to sit down with my lecturer in front of my blog and receive feedback on my work.

As hands on and time consuming as this blog has been I do feel like I would have liked to get more involved in the digital world through topics we were learning about. For example we learnt about educational games like Inanimate Alice and although we did get to play on them within a workshop I felt like at times I was just sat on the outside looking in when I would’ve liked to have been more central to the topic.

Jumping right in and getting involved in the making of digital technologies is something that excites me and I feel not only would I learn from but also really enjoy and find some hidden talents.

I feel like my digital journey is just beginning and I am very exciting to see where I end up. I would be honoured if you stayed along with me for the ride. 

No comments:

Post a Comment