Thursday 25 April 2013

Reflection


My ‘reflective’ blog, my first year over and somehow this blog is harder to write than my first.


Looking back on my blog I don’t recognise myself as the person who wrote that first blog. Thinking not just academically but also socially and digitally I have evolved by the bucket load.

Firstly, on a digital culture level, I have learnt about things I didn’t even know existed. I have read words I didn’t think I would be able to say and played on games I didn’t know were possible. The digital world was always something I was interested in, and as a young person today I knew that to be knowledgeable in this field would be a much desired trait.

Academically, this module has taught me skills I wouldn’t have learnt from reading books. This blog has forced me to step outside of my box and think about issues I wouldn’t normally think about. By reviewing the lectures on a weekly basis and questioning issues outside of workshops I have been a lot more focussed on doing personal learning and studying than I would be if I had to write an essay every few months.

Within this blog I have learnt not only how to create a blog but how an academic blog differentiates from a personal blog. But, with the skills I have learnt on this course my personal blog has seen much progress. You can read that here: http://www.1-two-3-4.blogspot.co.uk/

It is still hard to believe that as you are sat reading this I will be nearing the end of my first year, a third of my degree done. One massive step closer to living my dream. A dream that in the short space of a few months has evolved nearly as much as me. 

No comments:

Post a Comment